Friday, August 5, 2011

Where We Are Going...

CCCMooresville Elders and Wives,

I believe that the Lord is going to do some amazing things in this fellowship over the next few months.  I believe that the next 60 days are going to be critical in shaping the next several years for us.  As we grow as a body, I want us as leadership to grow as well.  I want to see us grow spiritually and relationally towards God and one another.  I believe God's desire is for us all to be on the same page.  So over the next five weeks I am asking you as a family or individually to commit Monday-Friday to read the selection of verses from Ephesians (there are usually less than 10 verses a day) and then come to this forum to comment on what God has taught you about Him, about yourself, and about His church.

Ephesians is going to be a significant Book for us throughout this next year as a church.  I want us to be prepared for what God is going to do by getting ourselves ready.  At this time, I only want this blog to be shared in our circle of leadership.  As the Lord leads us through this Book, then we will be ready to share with the rest of the congregation.

I know that time is a premium for all of us, but I really believe the Lord is leading us to do this.  Would you schedule a time where you can sit down together as husband and wife over the next five weeks for 10-15 minutes every evening to read these verses and respond corporately, so we can all learn from each other?  I am not writing a devotion to share what my thoughts are each day.  I will simply post the verses and then I want to hear from all of us what the Holy Spirit is teaching us.  Katie and I will comment and share and we would ask you to do the same so we can all grow together!

I look forward to seeing what God will bring as a result of this.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment